Beef Salpicao (Stir-fried Garlic Beef)
This is a Filipino recipe and whenever I bring this for lunch at work, my officemates can’t help but try it. The beef is tender and juicy with a buttery garlic flavor.
SERVES 4 (change servings and units)
Change to: Servings US Metric Close
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch chunks (or another tender cut)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (more if you like)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 red onions
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- Dash of sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 chili peppers (optional)
- Combine oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika in a bowl.
- Marinate beef chunks in the garlic-oil mixture for a couple of hours or more in the fridge.
- Saute marinated beef (including marinade) in VERY hot oil.
- Keep stirring until beef chunks are browned evenly.
- DO NOT lower heat.
- Add oyster sauce and liquid seasoning.
- Add red onions, bell pepper, chili pepper, and sesame seeds
- Cook a few seconds more; add butter last.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over hot steamed rice.
- *Note: Cooking time should be about 10 minutes or less to keep beef tender.