This is a Filipino recipe and whenever I bring this for lunch at work, my officemates can’t help but “sample” it. The beef is tender and juicy with a buttery-garlic flavor.
SERVES 4 (change servings and units)
Change to: Servings US Metric Close
* 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch chunks (or other tender cut)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
* 6 cloves garlic, minced (more if you like)
* salt, to taste
* fresh ground black pepper, to taste
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
* 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
* 1/4 cup liquid seasoning
* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1. Combine oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika in a bowl.
2. Marinate beef chunks in garlic-oil mixture for a couple of hours or more in the fridge.
3. Saute marinated beef (including marinade) in VERY hot oil.
4. Keep stirring until beef chunks are browned evenly.
5. DO NOT lower heat.
6. Add oyster sauce and liquid seasoning.
7. Cook a few seconds more; add butter last.
8. Remove from heat and serve immediately over hot steamed rice.
9. *Note:Cooking time should be about 10 minutes or less to keep beef tender.
With your humble donation you can support our website to provide FREE recipes and our educational outreach activities to the community.
Thank you very much.