Spicy Garlic Ginger Shrimp
A delicious spicy stir-fry. If you like it hotter, stir in some sambal oelek (chile paste) to your dish at the end. Goes great with rice or noodles.
SERVES 4 (change servings and units)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Heinz chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons canola oil (peanut oil if you prefer)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger root
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Mix ketchup, chili sauce rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper flakes, and corn starch in a small bowl to make the sauce.
- Pour oil in the seasoned wok before heating and wipe around.
- Heat wok and add scallions ginger and garlic.
- Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add shrimp.
- Stir constantly for about 2 minutes, adding small amounts of water if food starts to stick; cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Stir sauce again, then add to wok, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Serve with steamed rice.