A delicious spicy stir-fry. If you like it hotter, stir in some sambal oelek (chile paste) to your dish at the end. Goes great with rice or noodles.
SERVES 4 (change servings and units)
* 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1 tablespoon ketchup
* 1 tablespoon Heinz chili sauce
* 1 tablespoon rice wine or sherry wine
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 2 teaspoons canola oil (peanut oil if you prefer)
* 4 green onions, chopped
* 2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
1. Mix ketchup, chili sauce rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper flakes, and corn starch in small bowl to make sauce.
2. Pour oil in seasoned wok before heating and wipe around.
3. Heat wok and add scallions ginger and garlic.
4. Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add shrimp.
5. Stir constantly for about 2 minutes, adding small amounts of water if food starts to stick; cook until shrimp turns pink.
6. Stir sauce again, then add to wok, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
7. Serve with steamed rice.
With your humble donation you can support our website to provide FREE recipes and our educational outreach activities to the community.
Thank you very much.