Pancit Molo Recipe is an adaptation of wonton soup, is a specialty of the town of Molo in Iloilo a well-know district in the province. Unlike other pancit, pancit molo is not dry but soupy and it does not make use of long, thin noodles but instead wonton wrappers made from rice flour. Leftover wonton wrappers can also be cut into strips and drop into the hot broth.
PANCIT MOLO INGREDIENTS
8 cups chicken broth
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
25-30 wonton wrappers
pepper to taste
chopped spring onions
oil for sauteing
1 cup ground pork
1/2 cup cooked chicken meat, flaked
1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped
3 tbsp patis
salt to taste
PANCIT MOLO PROCEDURES
1. To prepare filling: Combine ingredients in a bowl but use onlly 1 tsp green onions, salt to taste, and 1 tbsp patis. Set aside the remaining ingredients for the broth.
2. Put 1 tbsp of the meat mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper. Wrap by folding one side of the wrapper to cover the filling completely, then turning the “unfilled” sides of the wrapper up so that the dumpling resembles a flower. (The filled portion should be in the center.) Cover the dumplings with a dry kitchen towel and set aside.
3. To make broth: Saute onion and garlic in oil until light brown. Add chicken stock and the remaining salt and patis from the filling. Allow to boil, the drop the stuffed dumplings into the boiling broth.
4. Stir the remaing meat mixture into the broth. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season with pepper to taste.
5. Before serving, garnish with chopped spring onions.