Sinigang na baka is one of my favorites. It is a sour but tasty dish. The tamarind taste is very delicious and I am sure you’re going to love it.
* Estimated Time: 1 hour
* 1 kilo beef, cubes (for stewing)
* 12 pieces tamarind (sampaloc)
* 1 big onion, diced
* 6 big tomatoes, quartered
* 2 pieces radish, sliced
* 4 pieces gabi, peeled & cubed
* 1 bundle sitaw (stringbeans) (cut into 2? long)
* 1 bundle kangkong (cut into 2? long)
* salt and patis (fish sauce) to taste
* Place the tamarind in a small pot then bring to a boil or until the tamarind is soften. Pound and strain the juices then set aside.
* In a casserole, bring beef to a boil, place in a lower heat then simmer for an hour or until the beef is tender.Take out all scum that rises to the surface.
* Add onions, tomatoes and tamarind juice.
* Add gabi then simmer for a few minutes.
* Add string beans (sitaw) and kangkong stalks.
* Add kangkong leaves then serve.
* Season with salt and patis to taste then serve.